Splendid unspoil area of the northen shan state
Why we recommend strongly the north shan state for hike and trek ? :
- Silver and gold (shwe and ngwe palaung) ethnic group.
- Accomodation in the village, private local house (diner also in private house).
- Nice countryside, forest, tea plantation, rice field in terrasse, very green.
- Good climate, even in March or April the weather is not too hot.
- No tourist.
- 1 to 4 days trek (we strongly recommend the 3 or 4 days trek).
- Not too difficult, 3 to 7 hours per day, no stone on the way, but could be stiff in some part.
- Easy to integrate in a program with Maymyo (Pyin Oo Lwin), Hsipaw and train ride to Gowtheik.
- Really superb and wild access road from Kyauk Me (but really bad).
- Need special permit
Currently, it is our favourite place for hike and trek, authentic ethnic group, no tourist, nice countryside, etc..