Myanmar has 137 main ethnic group. It is quite easy to meet member of Myanmar, Mon, Shan, Arakan ethnic group in the market, you do not need to walk hours. But if you want to be "off track", sometimes just a little, Myanmar Tour East Travel and Tours can propose you very nice and easy walk or trek in Myanmar country side.
You will find below information about some trek we can propose you.
Keep in mind two important if you want to do a trek in Myanmar (and while reading our web page).
- If you want to meet Ethnic groups (in their day to day life, not as a "show"), with little or a minimum of physical effort ( between 30 minutes to 3h hours walk /day, usually easy walk) . This is the best for people who do not or can not walk too long time (but it is no good if you have knees problem). Usually, night sleep could be at hotel or in local village(it depend).
- If you want to meet ethnic groups, discover the country side and walk at least 5 to 7 hours per day. Read our information below . Night is usually in a monastery or in a private house. Accommodations are simple, this is the local way of life of Myanmar people, you won't have hot water (usually "shower" is at a well), no electricity, food will be 100% local.
- At Inle, Kalaw, Pindaya and many other places, there is usually no need to get a special authorization and there is no special authorization to request for a trek (can change at any time...)
- Mont Victoria, Arakan, North Shan, Putao : You need to request a special permit, usually one month in advance.
- Anyway, situation may change quickly, authorization can be modified, removed, cancelled at any time. If it is better to ask to your local travel agent or to Myanmar Tour East Travel and Tours what is the current situation for a specific place.